September 24 – September 30
24/09/2012 § Leave a comment
- Live, eat, shop fashion: This Friday you must go to Antwerp Fashion Night in the city center. Except for reductions in a wide range of stores, you can get your hair and make-up done while sipping cocktails and reading the AFN_2012 Magazine (pick up a copy at La Fête des Belges, De Keyserlei 21). But that is far from it, so do check the website for the full program and try to get hold of an invitation for the afterparty while you are at it.
- Celebrate the start of the academic year: The free festival StuDay at Gedempte Zuiderdokken marks the start of the academic year in Antwerp. It always takes place on the first Thursday in the start week at university. Music by Absynthe Minded, Mintkov, Merdan Taplak and others.
- Listen to a fresh band: Still not done partying after Studay? Why don’t you go see Karikatura, a versatile band that has come whole the way from Brooklyn to play a show at MOFO at 22h.
- See the new comic wall: Brecht Evens, an extremely talented artist, has drawn the newest comic wall which is located at Oever (the street that connects Hoogstraat with Kloosterstraat). The initiation party is on Saturday between 14h and 18h.
- Get in action for the environment: on Saturday the 29th the Klimaatfestival (Climate Festival) wants to make people aware of the fun sides of being eco-friendly. Take part in a bicycle trip to Biodroom, where the festival takes place. You can taste lots of bio-products and listen to Antwerp bands Wahwahsda and Tourist.s