September 3 – September 9
02/09/2012 § Leave a comment
-Watch a movie at the ‘Belgische filmtiendaagse’ of cc De Kern in Wilrijk. 10 days of Belgian movies for a fair price. For the full program click here.
- Get wrapped up: Waaaah! School is starting again for some of us and that means new schoolbooks, so go grab your free wrapping paper at HETPALEIS.
Theaterplaats, 5th of September
Weekend of the 7th – 9th ‘Bevrijdingsfeesten’: the city is celebrating the liberation of Antwerp in 1944 by the English. So lots of retro things to do :
- Go to the ‘Liberation ball’: wear your 50′s dress and find yourself a rockabilly man/soldier to dance with on the Groenplaats this Friday.
- Retromarket on the ‘Vrijdagsmarkt’ Saturday from 12 to 6 pm.
-Classic in the city: A series of free concerts in the city center.
- Vintage ball in Deurne on the 8th. The hairdressers and make-up artists around the Turnhoutsebaan give you an extra 50s or 60s look if you wear a retro outfit. Also in Deurne: bicycling race for all sorts of bikes, amongst which oldschool race bicycles.
- Visit a rummage sale: In Berchem in the Langemarkstraat and adjoining streets there will be around 200 stands. Maybe you can find something for your student flat or a pretty dress for a few euros.
-Discover new designers at the ‘Markt van Morgen’ on Sunday afternoon.
Kloosterstraat Antwerpen, 9th September.
-Visit places you are not allowed to enter: It’s the time of the year again when all the docks open their doors for public.
- Buy a music instrument : at the Mega Music Fair in Antwerp Expo you will find instruments, scores and all sorts of things for a small price.
Jan van Rijswijcklaan 191, Sunday 9th.
- Try and watch extreme sports: Antwerp Street Kicks (Saturday, 11h-18h) is an urban sports festival in Park Spoor Noord with demos and try-outs. The program is really diverse, going from breakdance to bouldering plus an exposition by the Urban Crafts talents.