June 18 – June 24
17/06/2012 § Leave a comment
- Celebrate the opening of the Lomography store: Thursday the 21st the Lomography store at Kammenstraat 55 opens, which we are all three super excited about. The party starts at 20h and ends at midnight. Prepare yourself for Belgian beer, “Antwerpse handjes”, a large pie, a special act and lots of people! You can find the Facebook event here.
- Enjoy yourself at a street festival: Borgerrio has become a standard at the end of June, this time on Saturday the 23rd: a multicultural city festival in Borgerhout with very varied activities plus an exotic after-party in De Roma. Full programme and info on the Borgerrio website.
- Take part in a model casting: Not a casting especially for long skinny girls, but for anybody who loves to bike! Cycle Chic Belgium searches on Saturday 23 and 30 for models to pose with their bicycles. The castings are in Park Spoor Noord from 15h to 18h. The actual catwalk moment is on July 15 at Grote Markt. More info here.
- Read a comic & meet the author: On Saturday you can also go to Commix Factory, all day at ‘t Steen and in libraries. Obviously you can buy comics, but there will also be two music stages, sign sessions by some cool comic artists and beer for only €1,50. Info here.
- Do some vintage shopping: This Saturday as of 9h the Dambruggestraat will be filled with stands for Dubieus Design. The merchants will sell mostly vintage (50s-…) furniture, but there will also be other retro curiosities, namely in Atelier Solarshop which you can already visit at Dambruggestraat 48.
- Go to a photography expo: Friday to Sunday you can go to Loco 2012, the graduation project of the photography students of Karel de Grote. June 22-24 at Designcentrum De Winkelhaak, 12h-17h. The poster for the exhibition looks promising!